CHRO 2019 Abstract Submission Guidelines
*Review outcome notifications will be emailed to all submitters in early May 2019.*
LMIC Workshop Information
The Scientific Committee is organizing two sessions on the theme of “Campylobacters without Borders”. These sessions will highlight recent developments in Campylobacter research world wide with emphasis on that in low- and middle-income countries (LMIC), including associations with child stunting and the significance of non-thermotolerant Campylobacters. The sessions will consist of invited talks and selected abstract talks. Researchers from LMIC are encouraged to submit abstracts for these sessions. A potential sponsor to support four travel grants has been identified and selected abstract authors will be notified about the opportunity to apply for a travel grant once the sponsor has confirmed.
|Call for Abstracts Opens:||2 October 2018|
|Abstract Submission Deadline:||31 March 2019|
|Notification of Review Outcome:||May 2019|
|Deadline for accepted authors to register to confirm attendance:||31 May 2019|
|Programme Available Online:||24 June 2019|
Abstract submission is closed.
Presenting Authors are requested to create an account and submit an abstract for review according to the guidelines set out below. The same account will be used when you register for the conference. Please keep the email and password used to create the account for future use. Should you require any assistance or have a query about online submission, contact email@example.com.
- It is ESSENTIAL that you read the instructions below before you submit.
- The Presenting Author must submit the abstract and is required to be the corresponding author for that abstract
An abstract can be submitted for presentation at the Conference as one of the following categories:
- Oral or Poster
- Poster Only
Oral presentations will be 15 minutes long with 5 minutes for questions and answers
Lightning Talk Format:
This is an exciting, energetic presentations. The presentation will be 5 minutes in total. Presentations will be concise, graphic and colourful.
Accepted posters will be asked to produce a poster for display at the conference. Presenters are asked to take note of the following guidelines when producing their poster:
- Maximum poster size is A0 (1189(H) x 841(W) mm; 118.9(H) x 84.1(W) cm; 46.8(H) x 33.1(W)) (portrait orientation) Please use a large font size on your poster (ideally 24 point or larger)
- Keep text to a minimum
- Ensure any text is in large font
- Use graphs, charts, and/or tables
- Ensure contents have a logical flow
- Make it colourful
- Removal and collection of posters at the end of the display period remains the responsibility of the presenter. Posters not removed by the indicated take down time will be removed and disposed of.
At the review stage, the Programme Committee may change the presentation type submitted by the author to ensure the continuity of the conference programme i.e. oral presentation may be changed to poster presentation OR poster presentation to oral presentation. The Presenting Author will be informed of any change to their submitted presentation type at the acceptance notification stage. The decision of the programme committee is final.
Abstracts must be submitted under one of the conference themes:
- Genomic and Evolution
- Immunology and Host response
- Pathogenicity and virulence factors
- Poultry and non-poultry epidemiology and ecology of Campylobacter sp.
- Antibiotics and antimicrobial resistance
- Methods for Detection, Identification and Characterisation
- Control strategies for Campylobacter sp.
- Emerging and Related Organisms species
- Outbreaks/Epidemiology and public health
Please adhere to the following formatting guidelines when preparing abstracts for submission for CHRO 2019. Abstracts which are not correctly formatted will not be reviewed.
How to submit an abstract
The Presenting Author will be the contact person for the abstract and must submit the abstract. Once you enter the online submission portal, start by creating an Account. Please keep a record of the account details you use to set up the account as you will require them to log into both the CHRO 2019 abstract submission system and Conference registration portals. Upon successful submission of the abstract a confirmation email will be sent to the Presenting Author.
If you have not received a confirmation email, please check that your abstract is not left in draft and is fully submitted by logging back into the portal and checking on the Edit Abstracts page.
IMPORTANT: Please note that you can save your submission as a draft and return to edit the submission, but once it has been submitted the abstract cannot be edited after the close of submission deadline. If you require any assistance regarding the submission of your abstract, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The online abstract submission system is a simple step-by-step process and will ask you to input the following details:
- Title of the abstract (word limit is 15)
- Presentation type (Oral or Poster, Lightning Talk or Poster Only)
- Theme must be chosen from the theme list above
- Name, affiliation, and job title of Presenting Author (this person will act as the main contact for this abstract; this person must be listed as the first author)
- Name, affiliation, and job title of co-author(s)
- Abstract word limit is 250, excluding Title, Authors and Affiliations.
- Complete questions listed in Additional Information.
Download the abstract template shown below to create the abstract as a Word document and then save as a Word file for uploading to the system. Only WORD files will be accepted for upload. Graphs and tables may not be included in the abstract.
Abstract Submission Template
Abstracts must be formatted using the CHRO 2019 template. Abstracts can be submitted in English only. Click on the button to download the template.
Review and Notification
All abstracts will go through a blind peer-review carried out by reviewers selected by the CHRO 2019 Programme Committee.
Notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent to the submitter, presenting authors and all co-authors in May 2019.
Registration of the Abstract Presenter
When notified of acceptance, the Presenting Author is required to accept the offer by registering for the conference and paying in full by Friday 31 May 2019.
You do not need to register for the Conference prior to submitting an abstract but if you have an accepted abstract you are entitled to get the early bird registration rate up until Friday 31 May 2019. You will be provided with a link to register at this rate in your acceptance email.
If a presenter fails to register by Friday 31 May 2019
- Will be removed from the programme
- Will be removed from all CHRO 2019 related publications
Withdrawal Conditions & Change of Presenter
Written notice must be submitted by Friday 31 May 2019 for all withdrawals and change of presenters, contact email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions
- The abstract submitted adheres to the abstract submission guidelines outlines above.
- The text of the abstract along with the names and affiliations, poster, PowerPoint presentations and/or additional documents as requested will be published on the conference website and book of abstracts, and that this will not raise any copyright issues.
- This abstract has only been submitted once for CHRO 2019.
- A submission as a particular presentation type may be changed to a different type following review in order to be accepted and included in the programme.
- Presenters may be recorded for live streaming. A recording of the presentation and a copy of the slides may be published online after the conference.
- It is the responsibility of the Presenting Author to submit the abstract. They are the main contact whose responsibility it is to communicate with other co-authors and ensure that they register to be included in the programme.
- Accepted authors must register by Friday 31 May 2019 to confirm acceptance of their offer in the programme. If accepted authors are not registered by this date, they may be removed from the programme.
- The abstract submitted is in English.
- The Presenting Author is available to present at the conference on 8th – 11th September 2019.
If you have any queries regarding the above, please contact the CHRO 2019 Programme Team firstname.lastname@example.org.